[asterisk-biz] Need help building simple reverse-911 style app

Matthew Wilson matt at tplus1.com
Sun Dec 7 21:18:09 CST 2008

Hi --

I'm building a web application to employees pick up available shifts.
I want to build an IVR component that works a little like this:

1. A boss logs in to the website and types a paragraph of text like "I
need three nurses for tonight's shift".

2. The system looks up phone numbers for the appropriate employees,
then calls those employees, and converts the text to speech, and plays
a message.

3. At the end of each call, the system asks the listener to press 1 or
2 and then the system records their choice.

I need advice on how to set up VOIP, how to minimize my bandwidth
costs and maximize the number of conversations I can do in parallel,
and finally, how to configure asterisk to do all this.

This is for the USA market.

--
Matthew Wilson
matt at tplus1.com