[asterisk-biz] J2 fax->email patent challenge!

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Dec 4 10:21:13 CST 2008

I am writing to get people interested in a joint funded lawsuit into
J2's patent on fax to email.  J2 has a patent which it claims authorizes
it the right to demand a license fee for each and every user who uses
any fax two email solution.  We are talking with lawyers who are looking
into challenging this patent on a prior art basis, however there is an
issue of funding that challenge.

It is often very expensive for a single entity to challenge a patent,
however if people band together the cost goes down and everyone
benefits.

I am NOT seeking money at this time, I am only trying to get a feel for
who would be willing to donate to this cause, and if so by how much.
This information will be handed over to the law firm at an appropriate
time (all monies donated will be made directly to them when/if the time
comes).

So if you would like to help challenge this patent, and possible some of
their other patents like fax to web, fax to ftp etc, please let me know
by sending a private email to me.

Thank you,
pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721