[asterisk-biz] ASTERISK running under VMWARE

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Mon Dec 1 21:43:22 CST 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Other kinds of VM, too, I might add.  I tried it under Xen and got
> similarly unpleasant results.

  While I haven't tried it, someone claims to have used a different kernel
  under Xen and found success:

  http://www.scribd.com/doc/3905321/PREVIEW-CloudCrunch-Howto-Asterisk-PBX-and-Amazon-EC2

  The article claims that the specified kernel will find success, the key to
  that kernel is that the timing is compiled for 1000Hz, and that's
  important.  (Amazon EC2 runs Xen, how modified I don't know).

  I've heard others who have patched zaptel drivers to use a different
  timing source, and have Asterisk use zaptel timing as a source, with
  success.  Again, rumors, not tried personally.

Beckman