[asterisk-biz] India TRAI Press Release legalizing VOIP

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 06:33:06 CDT 2008

Yes indeed!!
This is some really fabulous but much-needed and quite-delayed news from India.
With a market as huge as India, to say that there will be multitude of tremendous opportunities is an understatement.
More than the cities, it is the rural sector where there is the volume.

What remains to be seen how the government actually follows this up with action, smooth processes, minimum interference, minimum red tape and the works.

The second interesting thing I would like to start a thread on is, how can small to medium players (re-)invent themselves and provide services which can withstand the strategies and might of the big players, such as existing ISPs and others.

cheers for a VoIP-ed India.

- Ben.