[asterisk-biz] TFTP Boot Server

VIP Carrier vipcarrier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:07:15 CDT 2008

This is very simple project for a good PHP programer who knows a bit about
XML.
As you know every IP phone can be configured with TFTP server if there is a
configs for this phone exist. so my project is to get this tftp server.

1. TFTP Server
2. Web GUI to manage phones auto provisioning. (internal use)
3. The phones that will be used with this TFTP are the following:

* Aastra 57i CT
* Cisco 7940, 7960, 7970 and 7971
* Polycom 330, 550, 560, 650, 6000 and 7000

This is phone models we are supporting.
here is how GUI should be functional

We login to portal

* user name
* password

then we have an option to browser phones by MAC address or by Client Name
(company name) only for internal use.

Add a phone option:

* Select a brand name of the phone
* Select a model
* Enter a MAC address of the phone.
* Enter SIP user name
* Enter SIP user password
* Enter SIP URL
* Click on generate a config file.

after that phone will be connecting to TFTP server and downloading an
information related to the MAC address.