[asterisk-biz] Setting up a VOIP Provider

Lane Sullivan lane at jtinvest.com
Wed Aug 20 10:53:35 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I love reading all the posts here and have learned tons in the last few
months. I have successfully setup 2 dealerships with Asterisks and am on my
3rd. I wanted to ask this question for information purposes so I can see
everyone's view on the subject.

I have a buddy with an ISP that provides me with SIP service through his
upstream provider. Problem is he is slow (VERY SLOW) and so far the support
sucks. I ordered a few 800 numbers months ago and still don't have them, my
caller id still does not work since he setup the account.

My question is this: How hard is it to setup a VOIP provider to the people
here in my area since the competition sucks?!?!?

The obvious next question is costs involved. I understand setting up a
system like Vonage etc. is HIGH dollar but what about a smaller setup?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to the reading material,

Lane