[asterisk-biz] Unlimited DID

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Wed Aug 20 03:24:53 CDT 2008

There is such a thing as totally unlimited inbound assuming you don't
care about CNAM (as alluded to in another post on this thread).  SIP
origination can indeed be free as the originating telecom on the PSTN
has to pay the terminating CLEC for every min used.    This reciprocal
compensation is what (even in metro areas) helps to fund build out for
large sip origination carriers.   I can tell you from our experience
that we use our verizon origination services this way and they have told
us there are no limits on inbound because they get paid for it.

In places where we have a lot of inbound and pre-existing IP network we
are actively building out our own CLEC interconnections in partnership
with a couple of our customers.

So while there is always a finite cap on capacity that capacity is easy
to grow if there is enough usage to justify expanding it.

If anyone wants some cheap "unlimited" origination DIDs just let me
know...  CID is included but CNAM costs extra due to the per-lookup
costs, rtp comes right from verizon.

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
206.973.8302 (Direct)