[asterisk-biz] Fraud. (here we go again)

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Tue Aug 19 08:43:50 CDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Nitzan Kon wrote:

> I googled a little bit, and I don't see keeping lists as a viable
> option. There is basically an infinite number of proxies out there
> so it is impossible to block them all until after the fact. :(

  I highly recommend minFraud from MaxMind.  Very, VERY inexpensive
  ($0.004/query), very reliable, and easy to integrate.  They already
  maintain a list of proxies, TOR exits, etc, saving you the time of doing
  the work yourself.  Can you do it and keep it updated for $0.004 per
  transaction?  I can't.

  You could start looking at the User Agent used by each new account.  If
  the browser string is exactly the same, you may have yourself another way
  to detect.

Beckman