[asterisk-biz] Fwd: (REHAN SPAM) Check out my Facebook profile

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Aug 17 08:37:05 CDT 2008

See comments inline.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Rehan Allah Wala <rehan at supertec.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank You for the email, and taking the time to send this out.

No problem, I don't think you mean harm but this kind of thing is
going to help you lose customers.

> You and a few handfull people in the asterisk biz list are few meture technology using people
> that I know, who do understand technology, but not all in the list do that.

I think that is an insult to the biz list as a whole.

> Every single negitive email that goes out from you on the biz list create a history of negitivity
> and that is why we try to combat emails on forums and try to take them out side the list, like

Since you misspelled it in every instance, the word is "negativity",
not "negitivity."

> this one, as on list it makes a history trail on google and other search engines, and when
> people try to do business with us do a search on us they find these annoying msgs and gives
> us problem.

Wouldn't an online rebuttal be better for the "history trail on
google"?  Taking it off-line only servers to provide the "negative"
side of the story and not didx's.

Anyways, wouldn't it just be easier to operate your business in a way
that does not annoy people?  You have been doing this for years and
people have been complaining for years.  Just cut the crap and stick
to business.

Maybe it is a cultural thing, I remember a post by Sam Tam where he
said that some SPAM is good.

> The reason we are using didx net as a name on facebook is not just because we are doing it
> , but hundreds of other people are also doing including voipsupply and jajah to name 2

Monkey see, Monkey do is no way to run a business.

I have never used facebook and have no desire to do so.  VoIPSupply
and I have a close relationship and I have never received any facebook
SPAM from them.

> It is a general account that is shared by many in the company.

So are you saying you have no way of knowing who sent it?  I think it
was you actually.  I may be wrong but above you said, "You and a few
handfull people in the asterisk biz list are few meture technology
using people that I know, who do understand technology, but not all in
the list do that."  To me, this is admitting you send the invite and
then lied about it, at least what I can decipher from that broken
English

If it was not you, then who?

> We did NOT harvest email from the list, but used emails of people who have talked to us in
> the past regarding buying and selling numbers, that is why you got the email.

I have never talked to you guys about buying or selling DIDs so that
is an outright lie.

My only correspondence with you was addressing the way you (or the
multiple people in your company that use your name) handle yourself on
the list and the flaws in your service.

> And I am sorry that you did if you feel annoyed by us.
>
> I do not know how to make you not upset with us, I wish I knew, but i would like to say that if
> u are ever in a voip conference do drop us an email or do look  up up and let us buy you a
> lunch or dinner so u can know us personally and that u can see that we DO NOT mean bad.

You could make me happy by being more professional and removing me
from any future mailings.  It is quite simple.

> Furthermore, I would like to send you a few coffe mugs if you allow me and send me your
> address and number as a token of apology, and a token of friendship from us as a fellow list
> member.

No thanks, I would not want a coffee mug from a company that I feel is
flawed technology wise and flawed worse by actions in the past.

> I hope you will in future forgive us and ignore our small attempts to create business from any
> and all reseources that we can.

If you have a good product then it will speak for itself.

Maybe you guys should have taken the hint when I rejected your
LinkedIn request.

"Any and all" is not the way to promote, this includes spam and other
annoying things.

How about you use adwords, buy banner space of VoIP sites, and other
things of that nature?