[asterisk-biz] Unlimited DID

Joe Antkowiak jantkowiak at netigent.net
Thu Aug 14 14:36:46 CDT 2008

Bret has pointed out some of the bigger ones...

If you're going to do this many channels, you should be talking to multiple sip
peers (different IPs) with multiple sip routers, in multiple locations, with at
least a gig connection at each one.  Plan on having lots of problems, and have
the capacity to allow those problems to occur without hurting everything else.

Ex:  if all the sudden you're forced to handle the media for a thousand active
channels (this happens), the bandwidth required for that could max out your
70mbit connection.  Yes, 70mbit, only 70-80mbit is possible over a fast-ethernet
connection, depending on what layer you're counting at anyway...

32kbps/channel x 1000 != 32mbps when it hits the wire