[asterisk-biz] SIP/IAX provider

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 03:20:24 CDT 2008

On 13 Aug 2008, at 18:51, Dean Collins wrote:

> I use packet 8 for my indial (I have 2 residential ata connect via a 4
> port vdex-40 appliance).
>
> $25 a month each for unlimited outbound etc and have it configured for
> simultaneous ring through to my cell number, also good for if my
> upstream isp goes down calls still go to my cell.
>
> Only problem if my cell is offline/dead battery gets picked up by the
> cingular voicemail.

You can avoid that by setting the diverts on the phone so that it
'on unavailable' goes to your VOIP number. (ie bypass the cingular
vm).
If you have a smartphone, arrange for asterisk to email the
resulting voice mail notification to your smartphone's email account
and you can still get your messages on the go.

Tim.