[asterisk-biz] FWD moving to $30 annual membership fee

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Aug 12 12:33:03 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel
> <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
>> For those that dont get the bullitins, FWD isnt going to be free
>> anymore, here is the notice that was sent to me.
>
> Out of curiosity, are you planning on paying? (I would if I actually
> used it, but I haven't in several years.)

I won't.  I have several accounts (just received three duplicate
emails) and, I like you, have not used except for testing a while ago.

I wonder how much of their published user base are people like me?  I
think it would be safe to say that many people registered once upon a
time and have stopped using and or created multiple accounts.  I think
you could safely cut the user count by two thirds.

I also think they should change their name, but I do not anticipate
enough interest that they will be in operation very much longer.
Besides no real value that I can see at least for me, they were
plagued by technical problems and outages.

I wonder where Jeff will pop up next when FWD becomes past.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro