[asterisk-biz] SigMAN SP from Signate?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 14:25:50 CDT 2008

In article <057901c8f981$93a6aad0$baf40070$@com>,
Don Witt <witt at cylogistics.com> wrote:
> Signate assets were purchased by Ring Carrier.  Ring Carrier has been
> working on the technology for the last two years. The Ring Carrier product
> is significantly better than previous Signate technology.
>
> http://www.ringcarrier.com

Don, thanks for the info. Interesting to browse their site. I even noticed
that the former owner of Signate is one of the principals of RingCarrier -
perhaps he was one of the purchased assets :-)

I didn't see a single explicit mention of Asterisk on the whole site,
with the exception of Paul's book (perhaps RingCarrier doesn't use
Asterisk, although it does mention IAX2 and DUNDi, and I infer that
Fax usage uses spandsp).

I also couldn't work out whether they/you only sell complete systems, or
also sell a software-only solution to install on one's own hardware.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield