[asterisk-biz] Credit Card Blocking: Paypal Virtual Credit Cards

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Aug 8 09:46:12 CDT 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, John Mason Jr wrote:

> Peter Beckman wrote:
>> Anyone have a better-than-google BIN list?  Maybe a list of high risk BINs?
>
> Your acquiring bank should be able to supply this information

  While they do offer that information, they had nothing about the Paypal
  Virtual Credit Card Bin 511810, and nothing on several others.  I
  contacted them about it, and three different customer service reps seemed
  baffled by my request for them to update their BIN database, and that I
  was taking cards with BIN's they didn't have.  I found this annoying and
  bad customer service, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

  Does anyone else have a fabulous merchant that has a complete BIN DB that
  includes 511810, and tells you what the BIN is specifically, other than
  what we already know, which is it's a Mastercard?

  dnsstuff.com seems to have a weak DB of BINs as well, but they don't have
  anything comprehensive.  I was looking for something maybe a bit more
  independent, complete, etc.

Beckman