[asterisk-biz] Credit Card Blocking: Paypal Virtual Credit Cards

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Thu Aug 7 15:04:42 CDT 2008

Maybe most of you already know this, but I've had a few customers who have
turned out to be scamming my system use PayPal Virtual Credit Cards, what
PayPal calls Secure Card.  I've been wanting to know how to reject, block,
destroy and beat them to a pulp.  The "single use" and "multi use" options
are nice, and I understand the convenience of using them, but for a
rebillable account, nope.

Blocking the BIN (first 6 digits of the card) 511810 solves this.

Anyone have a better-than-google BIN list?  Maybe a list of high risk BINs?
I've put what I've found at the end of the email.  Where do you go for your
BIN needs?  How much you pay for it?  How accurate is it?

Anyone else interested in sharing credit card BINs that they've found to be
problematic?  Anyone know anything about the following BINs (Bank
Identification Numbers):

     * 424136
     * 515489
     * 431568
     * 441669
     * 460684

Wikipedia list of BINs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bank_Identification_Numbers

Online Lookups, also provide an API for $60/month + per lookup:
http://www.serviceobjects.com/demos/binvalidationdemo.asp

MaxMind Minfraud, does BIN validation:
http://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv_overview

Beckman