[asterisk-biz] Click-to-call lawsuit - Voip Inc.

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Aug 4 20:28:42 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 17:01 -0700, Al Lougher wrote:
> Does anyone have an update on the Voip Inc. click-to-call lawsuit in
> regards to their patent infringement? We are looking at offering this
> technology to our existing customers and curious to know more about
> this case and any other patents related to click-to-call technology.
>
> Link: http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=3216
>
> Thanks
> Alan

one way around this would be to read their patent and see if you can do
it a way that doesnt violate.  I know google has a feature like this and
they dont appear to be sued.  They make an attractive target if the
patent is valid, not so attractive if its junk because they tend to
fight that, such as RTI (from NY somewhere) patent on LCR.  Google
called shenanigans and they sued for $4B or something, their settlement
fee was something around $20k and got many to settle because it was
cheaper than fighting it.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200