[asterisk-biz] Wireless lookup service

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 1 01:14:51 CDT 2008

Jacob Suter wrote:

> My 936-687-xxxx Windstream/Valor/GTE/Contel number is not portable by
> anybody.  If anyone can actually port this, let me know, I'd much rather
> send you money (and you send me the calls via SIP or IAX) than paying too
> much for a POTS line I do nothing with except program call forwarding (to a
> local SIP DID) on once a year or so...

Windstream will allow port-outs, but the catch is that you have to be
directly interconnected with the serving tandem.

No, not "have an interconnection agreement in place" as with some folks
-- actually be interconnected.

If you can find a CLEC in that LATA that meets Windstream at its tandem
for that NXX, it should be manageable.

However, as a general rule, porting out of independents is difficult,
sometimes impossible.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems