[asterisk-biz] Wireless lookup service

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 1 01:10:02 CDT 2008

Al Lougher wrote:

> I couldn't find any information on Neustar's site regarding accessing
> their DB, and I certainly don't want to pay someone like Mblox 3-5cents
> per lookup. And I'm guessing accessing Neustar's DB is not going to be
> cheap anyway, does anyone know their costs?

NPAC (LNP database) access from Neustar is available either via dial-up
VPN or dedicated circuit (frame relay?), which runs a few hundred
dollars a month + a large initial setup fee.

This is only available to real LECs - that is, if you have an OCN, CLLIs
and SS7 point codes.

There is an LNPoIP product available as well called sipX, and similar
terms apply.  In addition, you must sign NDAs for all NPAC territories
and present evidence of substantial general liability insurance and
workman's compensation insurance, where applicable.

In short, this service is not for the masses, and you probably can't
have it unless you're a CLEC.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems