[asterisk-biz] Looking for a reliable China termination

mark morreny markmorreny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 23:53:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

The currently voip service provider (callwitus) that I am using is quite
cheap.  The problem is it can't terminate to China reliably, especially when
the call is going to a line line.  For cell phone, it is much better but
still it is not 100% perfect.  The problem I am encountering is that the
call to China, through my current provider, routes to a "random" caller.
For example, when I call my friend in China the call get routed to an
unknown person's phone speaking in Chinese!  If I call my friend's cell
phone instead of his land line, the success rate is much better.

The part that frustrated me is the fact that I still get charged for those
calls that were not routed correctly because someone from the other side did
"answered" the call.

How come this happens?  Is this something wrong with my current service
provider?

Can anyone suggests a good souce for China termination?

Thanks,
Mark