[asterisk-biz] FRAUD: BE AWARE

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Apr 20 16:56:40 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 13:09 -0700, Nitzan Kon wrote:
> Rule of thumb - if anyone makes payments using an American account/address/credit card and their IP is anywhere in the Middle East except Israel - it is almost 100% fraud.

"except israel" excludes all the scammers that actively have been using
a satellite ISP based out of .IL for the last few years.

I would say more that if they use a US credit card (some of the weakest
secured cards in the world) and their IP isnt US then that should be a
flag no matter what.  Further, it shouldnt be limited to just US, if you
have conflicting information based on where the person is, where the
card is from, etc then you should look further before digging into it.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200