[asterisk-biz] Pulver media in trouble ?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Apr 6 18:26:22 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 19:01 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:

> As I have said, I have a very good friend with a two huge auditoriums,
> many separate rooms, 64 acres of land, several houses on his farm,
> T1s, FiOS, a complete POP room, and WiFI everywhere.  The same guy
> owns a resaurant.

It really depends on location, if you goto most of the large conference
centers in the US you will find that to be the case.  In Chigago there
is one that has a food court in the center even, so you dont have to pay
as insane of prices for food.

Most of the hotel ones are a scam straight up.  You have room
commitments and really dont get that much of a deal on other stuff, they
still charge $3 or whatever for a can of soda, etc.

RAI in NL has reasonable rates for many services, I think its 50€/day
for an AV tech to work the sound board, they can provide almost
everything themselves, and there are some options to have your own
stuff, they have small rooms or you can rent the entire thing (which
isnt cheap, but per sq foot its obviously cheaper than just a small
room).  I think they even offer DECT service in the center, so
participants can remain in contact.

Given how well connected they are (few minutes by tram to the center of
amsterdam) and the fact that their prices are much more reasonable than
what was previously mentioned, it does show that there are places that
arent insanely priced, yet are quite suitable.  This is of course just
one example, as was yours although somewhat different in nature (you
mentioned a farm, implying somewhat rural, amsterdam is hardly rural :)

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
   The GPL is a software license not a religion