[asterisk-biz] Employment

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Apr 5 15:21:03 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Douglas Garstang <dougmig33 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >Not really a commercial post but www.asteriskhelpdesk.com is good
>
> >place to at least post your profile or resume.
> >
> >Although it appears there is little activity on
> >www.asteriskhelpdesk.com, there are quite a few projects being posted
> >regularly.  The service allows you to post project as well as job
> >opening.
> >
> >The reason it appears so bare is because as soon as a customer decides
> >on a "Guru", the listing disappears from the "Open Projects'.
> >
> >Anyways, the service is free and will stay that way.  I may get around
> >to upgrading and anding functionality.  I can tell you that I received
> >at least a dozen "Thanks Yous", for helping people find business.
> >
> >Last I checked, there were around 150 consultants and including core
> >Devs such as OEJ and other people that really know their stuff.
> >

> Thanks, but not looking for a consulting gig. If I was interested in
> consulting, I might be able to earn a living from it. My resume is 'out
> there' and I get a couple of calls a week from people who have projects.
> But... as I said, not what I am looking for. I'd prefer the stability of a
> regular pay check, and so I'm looking for a regular, full time, salaried
> position. Those seem hard to come by.
>
> Doug.

There is also a section for employers to post links for "Real Jobs".
It is pretty bare.  If I had the time, skills, and a little promotion,
I would have both a "Resume" section along with a more useful
"Employment" section that would probably be quite a bit more busy.

Again, any help is appreciated.  I don't make a dime on this but many people do.

Another funny thing is that almost every month, Digium.com is in the
top ten visitor listings in Webalyzer.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro