[asterisk-biz] Has anyone seen or written a 3rd party TAPIdriverfor asterisk?

Elliot Otchet elliot.otchet at callingcircles.com
Fri Sep 21 13:44:02 CDT 2007

Remparo,

In the early versions of 1.4 we had developed what I'll call a "light"
version of a 3rd party TAPI driver for Asterisk, but ran into severe
limitations with it because of the TAPI endpoint requirements.  We were
never able to successfully marry the requirements for implementing true
third party call control from TAPI to the Asterisk Manager's interface.
What we were able to get working was minimal and really wouldn't scale
well for our target environment.  As we looked for ways around the
limitations we found ourselves writing bastardized first party call
control applications that would "broker" calls.  This works ok for some
environments, but when competing with solutions from Avaya and Cisco, it
didn't make sense when their products would do what we needed out of the
box.

Regards,

Elliot