[asterisk-biz] asterisk-biz] Calling Card Hybrid

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Sep 9 04:42:14 CDT 2007

Seysan wrote:
> Alistair ,
>
> Is Enswitch built on Asterisk? with your company patched and modifications?
> Or it is something completely from ground up by your company?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seysan

Seysen,

It uses Asterisk and OpenSER as the underlying telephony platform, but
has taken away control of almost all call routing and billing functions
from them. It basically uses them almost as an advanced SIP/IAX/E1
"library". For example, a carrier Enswitch system may only have 10 or 15
lines in extensions.conf.

All the complexity is done within the Enswitch routing daemon, which
communicates with Asterisk via FastAGI, and a Perl module that OpenSER
invokes using its Perl integration. In addition, we have added a SOAP
API, web interface, SIP messaging daemon, etc which we have written from
scratch. We've done this because, although Asterisk and OpenSER are good
products as platforms, they don't have the concept of multi-tenant
customers, real-time billing, LCR, invoicing, etc etc.

We released version 2.7 just over a week ago with many new features.
For the latest list of features which Enswitch has either enhanced or
added, please see:

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/features/

I can also send you a list of updates off-list of you like.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
sip:acunningham at integrics.com