[asterisk-biz] Bad Apples?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Mon Oct 29 09:34:34 CDT 2007

Reporting things like fraud and customer service issues is sometimes
acceptable. I don't think the list should be used as a credit reporting
agency.

The usual practice is to include wording regarding credit checks and
reporting in a contract BEFORE extending credit. I don't think some
clause stating that online mailing lists or forums can be used for that
purpose would appeal to ANY prospective customer.

Try to use generally accepted business practices in the future to
protect yourself.

File a lawsuit to collect and it becomes a matter of public record. I
think that should be a prerequisite before discussing a collection
problem publicly. It can look rather bad to assert claims on a forum or
mailing list when you haven't taken the usual legal steps to recover
your losses.