[asterisk-biz] VoIP protocol and system development - SF, CA

Matthew Ranney matt.ranney at rebelvox.com
Tue Oct 23 16:06:23 CDT 2007

Open Position - Member, Engineering Staff, Internet Telephony

We are using Asterisk as an initial platform to design and implement
new packet voice protocols.  We are adding to our team a seasoned
developer with experience in designing and implementing buffer
management systems in a multi-threaded environment.  This position
will play a critical role in the design and development of a new
communications system.

Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. We are
looking for a team player.

Responsibilities will include: analysis, design, implementation, and
unit testing of internals of a VoIP system.  Experience with VoIP
protocol optimization, packet communications optimization,
scheduling, and adaptive jitter buffer implementation desired.
Proficiency in writing functional specifications, object modeling
techniques, real time systems and distributed applications
development is a necessity. Experience with VoIP systems such as
Asterisk, messaging systems, TCP and UDP protocols, and optimizing
for both throughput and scalability are desired.  A successful
candidate will also be called on to work on middle-ware integration.

BSCS, BSEE, or related degree required.  Minimum of 5 years of
experience doing development on multi-threaded server systems required.

Required skills:  C/C++, threading, scheduling

Strongly desired skills:  Asterisk, VoIP protocols

RebelVox is an early stage start-up based in San Francisco. We are
rethinking voice communications to change the way you use your phone
as well as working to replace the radio communications infrastructure
for military and first responders.

Interested parties should contact:

Jim Panttaja
Vice President, Research and Development
RebelVox, LLC

Jim.Panttaja at RebelVox.com