[asterisk-biz] PRI Gateway for Asterisk

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Sat Oct 20 13:57:19 CDT 2007

| The way we have got round it is to run a minimal configuration of
| Asterisk in combination with a multi-interface Digium PRI card on a 1U
| short depth Supermicro server. The OS is a minimal CentOS installation.

I'll second that notion - I've used a simple asterisk box
as a PRI/IAX2 gateway in a number of places, and it's easy
flexible, and reliable, and if the need/want ever arises,
can be expanded/enhanced to do more things.

Fronting an existing PBX (or a pure VoIP asterisk box)
with a gateway asterisk box is a very handy technique.

Hope that helps - cheers!

John

--
John Sellens
SYONEX - Systems, Operations, Networks, Expertise