[asterisk-biz] I want to setup my mobile phone to be part of my asterisk PBX extension

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri Oct 19 14:34:04 CDT 2007

	It looks like chan_bluetooth lets a cellphone act only as FXO, or a
gateway to the PSTN (cell/PCS network, really), not as FXS, or the
extension: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Bluetooth
+channels . Though it does claim to let a Bluetooth headset act as an
extension, but that means a dialpad is necessary. I've seen Bluetooth SW
for Linux that lets the handset joystick directly control the onscreen
cursor like a mouse does. Is there some discussion of what chan_mobile
(or other near-miss) would need to let a handset act as an extension
with both voice and dialpad, or even just as dialpad in conjunction with
a separate Bluetooth headset, both connecting to the same Asterisk box
(or proxy for it) by Bluetooth?

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 14:15 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> You can easily do it with 1.4 a and bluetooth.   Check out chan_mobile.
>
> It sure would be a shame if chan_mobile did not get an "Innovation Award".
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> Rony Ron wrote:
> > Hi Marshall,
> > It can be done If your mobile
> > phone is wifi enabled and if the mobile phone has an internet client phone;
> > I have done it with Nokia N95 and Nokia E65;
> > regards,
> >

> > On 10/19/07, *marshall anako* <mdmanako at yahoo.com
> > <mailto:mdmanako at yahoo.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Please can somebody tell me how to setup my GSM mobile phone to
> >     act as part of my asterisk extention.
> >      This is what i have
> >     1- Pree PBX
> >     2- Five  extensions but i want to make my mobile phone and my
> >     pathner phone to be a part of it so that i can limit my call cost
> >     whenever iam within the vicinity of the office. We both have
> >     diferent calling plans from diferent companies, maybe we should do
> >     t-mobile to t-mobile
> >     But some article i read recently says it can be done and it has
> >     been done already.
> >     Please advise
> >     Thanks
> >
> >     Marshall