[asterisk-biz] 1 T1, 1 Asterisk PBX, and 1 HylaFax system.

Jim Capp jcapp at anteil.com
Thu Oct 18 20:29:02 CDT 2007

Nate,

     I suggested the the T1 chaining because it provides the highest
quality calls.  When T1 channels are bridged, they don't pass through
the server (PCI bus) at all.  All the work is done on the card in native
hardware.  TDMoE risks latency issues that are tolerable with voice, but
not tolerable with faxes.  T1 chaining will pass faxes through cleaner
than any other solution.

We routinely do such pass-throughs with T1, ISDN-PRI, and channel banks.
It also works great for sitting transparently in front of a proprietary PBX,
providing a mechanism for controlled cutover.

Jim