[asterisk-biz] 1 T1, 1 Asterisk PBX, and 1 HylaFax system.

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Thu Oct 18 16:09:35 CDT 2007

bill dwyer wrote:
> I have a few questions for the brain trust that is the biz list... Any
> thoughts, critisims or flaming is welcome.
>
> I am looking to use 1 T1 (PRI) to split between 3 systems. Let me give
> you an idea of what we are talking about:
> 1. Asterisk PBX that runs our internal business phone system, (4
> Lines) using a TE12OP digium card with the T1 and VoIP for the
> internal communication.
> 2. Asterisk Voicemail system using VoIP for inbound and outbound to a
> gateway that is attached to the T1, (4 Lines)  (Possibly the Asterisk
> system in 1???) RIght now there is no card only ethernet. (Althoug I
> do have  a 4 line digium analog card if that makes it easier.)
> 3. A Hylafax system running as a Efax platform for commerical
> purposes. (4 to 8 lines) Using a Digium Te220 card attached to the
> same T1.
>
> Now for the questions. Does this even sound feasible? Can I split the
> T1 between the 3 devices?
> Can the Asterisk system in 1 be a POTS to VoIP gateway for the second
> asterisk system? I would be willing to use the analog card if that
> last scenerio isnt possible, but what do I use to break the analog
> lines off the T1? I already have the 2nd system developed and running
> in a production environment, the other 2 are in development.
No need for additional cards. You can probably run everything above on a
single server. I would at least combine system 1 and 3 and use iaxmodem
with Hylafax. We have a similar setup with one system acting ast PSTN
gateway with a Sangoma T1 card and using Hylafax and iaxmodem. It
routes/receives calls to the other system, which is our corporate PBX,
via SIP.

Mike