[asterisk-biz] 1 T1, 1 Asterisk PBX, and 1 HylaFax system.

bill dwyer mastern8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:55:39 CDT 2007

I have a few questions for the brain trust that is the biz list... Any
thoughts, critisims or flaming is welcome.

I am looking to use 1 T1 (PRI) to split between 3 systems. Let me give you
an idea of what we are talking about:
1. Asterisk PBX that runs our internal business phone system, (4 Lines)
using a TE12OP digium card with the T1 and VoIP for the internal
communication.
2. Asterisk Voicemail system using VoIP for inbound and outbound to a
gateway that is attached to the T1, (4 Lines)  (Possibly the Asterisk system
in 1???) RIght now there is no card only ethernet. (Althoug I do have  a 4
line digium analog card if that makes it easier.)
3. A Hylafax system running as a Efax platform for commerical purposes. (4
to 8 lines) Using a Digium Te220 card attached to the same T1.

Now for the questions. Does this even sound feasible? Can I split the T1
between the 3 devices?
Can the Asterisk system in 1 be a POTS to VoIP gateway for the second
asterisk system? I would be willing to use the analog card if that last
scenerio isnt possible, but what do I use to break the analog lines off the
T1? I already have the 2nd system developed and running in a production
environment, the other 2 are in development.

Any ideas are welcome.
Nate