[asterisk-biz] PRI Gateway for Asterisk

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:47:41 CDT 2007

On 10/18/07, David Boyd <dboyd at ignitetrx.com> wrote:
> Got any links for info on the GPL violation you mentioned?

Audiocodes Inc had Audiocodes LTD distribute to me an MP-202 device.
After a while it became evident it is running Linux. At first they
denied the matter and finally they admitted it runs Linux but still
refuse to distribute the source code. But they also don't mention at
all the GPL license. I let the GPL violations people know and try to
chime in whenever I can but besides that I've moved on.  They are
great devices such a shame I can't use them... my philosophy is if I
use GPL code I need to (and do) comply with the terms of the license.
Audiocodes creates an unleveled playing field by blatantly ignoring
the terms of the software they license ("Our legal team says you can't
get the code because you posted about this on asterisk-users" they
told me one time).