[asterisk-biz] does anyone know of a program like HUD?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Oct 17 13:31:53 CDT 2007

Ole Bülow wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> Does anyone know of a program like HUD?
>

> With the functionality to pop a clickable screen when a call is coming
> in on that phone (asterisk-sip) which is linked to f.ex. a crm system..

Ole,

I had written a program called Maestro that worked much like a Hud
program, except that instead of hard coding functionality into the
software for functionality, I relied on using the Manager interface in
response to events that happen within the GUI (like the user clicking on
a device).

One of the nice things I like about it is that variables are exposed
from the device (like CID) that can be used to when making the AMI calls
that control it like this:

Action: Originate
Channel: local/${DEV_NAME}@Management
Context: to_meetme
Exten: s
Variable: CALLERID(num)=${DEV_NAME}|CALLERID(name)=Operator
Async: true

It would be a small matter to include that type of variable substitution
for calling external applications with command line parameters which
could then be used to call sugarCRM pages like this (just an example):

https://yourmain.com/somepage?phonenumber=${DEV_NAME}

You can find more information here:
http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/maestro.aspx

--