[asterisk-biz] Check this out :(

bob murphy springsource at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 20:27:24 CDT 2007

My original intention, which I admit that I did not communicate clearly, was
to suggest that we maintain dialogue on this board around best practices.
Specifically on how to position value and charge accordingly.  And that we
all present our respective organizations as high value add service boutiques
specializing in Open Source Telephony integration.  This will allow all of
us to offer solutions that are competitive to Cisco, Shoretel, Nortel etc.
and keep our respective bottom lines healthy.  Anyone who has lived through
a technology adoption cycle (or three of them) knows what I am talking
about.  We will all be well served, as will our clients, if we go into the
mass adoption phase BEFORE commodization happens.  In a word - Community.
Let's maintain a community of opportunists who create a market opportunity.
I believe we can do this and all of us will prosper and our clients will be
ecstatic.

Bob Murphy
Arreva Communications

On 10/15/07, Aleks Clark <aleks.clark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea, price fixing aside, I can sympathize with wanting to know how much to
> charge for something...business not being my strong suite :P Of course,
> that's probably why I'm running telecoms in Iraq instead of selling voip and
> wifi in some nice burough...
>
> On 9/15/07, Derrick Moennick <derrick at phonesource.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Guys,
> >
> > No need to get up in arms here. For obvious reasons price fixing is not
> > the way to go here. This is my mistake for adding my two cents. At any
> > rate different markets require different pricing structures so to all
> > conform to one pricing structure does not make sense - this is what I
> > meant originally.
> >
> > /D

Bob Murphy
Principal