[asterisk-biz] New CallerID Name Service

Norman Franke norman at myasd.com
Mon Oct 15 14:12:09 CDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 2:42 PM, asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

> I think everyone should be comparing the cost per query against
> competition
> that will actually be running, not against got-name.com's $.015 ... I
> haven't done the research, but what do some of the others charge?
> What are
> some of the monthly minimums or signup fees which have been
> mentioned, and
> what is the price-per-query if you reach those minimums or want to
> pay those
> signup fees?

I priced this a while ago for my company. I was getting quotes in the
3 cents per query, as I recall. So 4 cents per query would make that
company irrelevant.

We would do a lot of queries per month, but caching is a must (unless
the price is so sub-one cent). We likely wouldn't be interested in
300K lookups per month.  A flat rate would be  best, but I can't see
us paying more than $300 to $500 per month for this service.

Norman Franke
Chief Software Architect
ASD, Inc.