[asterisk-biz] SIP DECT gateway?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Nov 26 07:20:56 CST 2007

On 11/26/07, Alberto Barroso - mactek <alberto.barroso at mactek.com> wrote:

>  http://content.nec-philips.com/hq/productmodel/414
>
> The AP200S DECT Access Point (DAP) is a compact ,
> easily installed, plug-and-play DECT Access Point that provides wireless
> telephony to IP networks.
>  The AP200S supports up to 11 simultaneous duplex calls per DECT Access
> Point
> and simple installation allows the connection of up to 32 DECT Access
> Points

what is the method to provision users?  My ideal solution would have been a
pci card where I have much more control over things like auth and all,
ideally I would like to be able to place these in multiple locations and
blanket an area with coverage, all with a central point for authentication
and call control.

Got 5 of this beautys working with my Asterisk server, the configuration of
> the AP200S is very easy,
> and the roaming capabilities of DECT handsets are unbeatable (compared
> with solutions with WiFi 802.11 phones)

What is the effective range?  Granted that takes into account a lot of
variables, such as terrain, handsets, etc but in general what do you get per
station?  The data sheets on that are always in perfect lab conditions,
humidity just right, no outside rf noise, etc so while they are ok for
guestimating real use is better.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200