[asterisk-biz] SIP DECT gateway?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Sun Nov 25 22:09:03 CST 2007

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> I think that is the otherside of what the original poster wanted, I know
> it is for me.  The phones will do SIP and DECT but you cant have an
> arbitrary DECT phone that does not support SIP connect via SIP to say
> asterisk.  It would be a bit much to tell everyone that currently has a
> DECT phone that they have to upgrade it to a DECT+SIP or SIP only if
> they want to use it on some system that may or may not be a marketed
> system.

The snom m3 does appear to be a DECT phone with a base that gateways to
SIP:

http://www.snom.com/en/snom_m3.html

Be interesting to check one out. However, I don't think it's actually
available yet - only seeing it on a couple web stores that don't mention
availability. If anyone's actually tried one, I'd love to hear about it.

Someone else pointed out the Aastra gateways:

http://www.aastra.com/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-3D8CCB73-04ED51E4/04/SIP-DECT_ds_en_NA_0710.pdf

This looks like more of an "enterprise-class" gateway.. in theory, it
looks like handoff and such should work. A bit [quite a bit, that is] more
expensive, however.