[asterisk-biz] SIP DECT gateway?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 25 05:27:56 CST 2007

On 11/25/07, Michael <cool.bent3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> check out new snom DECT phone, 1 base station to 8 handset, SIP and DECT

I think that is the otherside of what the original poster wanted, I know it
is for me.  The phones will do SIP and DECT but you cant have an arbitrary
DECT phone that does not support SIP connect via SIP to say asterisk.  It
would be a bit much to tell everyone that currently has a DECT phone that
they have to upgrade it to a DECT+SIP or SIP only if they want to use it on
some system that may or may not be a marketed system.

I am more open, I dont care if its a DECT->SIP gateway, a PCI/PCI-x card
would be fine and I would even be willing to write drivers for it, I just
cant find one that is still being made.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200