[asterisk-biz] Dedicated Server

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Wed Nov 21 18:15:05 CST 2007

Go4calls :: wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I would like to have real dedicated server for my voip application. I
> tried Theplanet, Soflayered, Bocacom and Godaddy but all they telling
> dedicated but i am suspecting it is not dedicated just they are giving
> VPS.
ThePlanet si going to sell you a dedicted server if thats what you
contract for, and a VPS if that's what you contract for. I have had
several servers from them over time and they are very stright forward.
If you are trying to do an Asterisk machine, why would you get a generic
server? You won't have a timing device so you won't be able to do
conferencing properly, and you won't have TDM so all you will do is
relay someone else's service. Get a real Asterisk machine from Pilosoft
with a real T1 interface.

believed to be clean.