[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Performance Results

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Nov 16 18:27:56 CST 2007

> Very good question and quick reading!  This issue is not addressed in
> the test plan.
>
> To check for voice quality we performed subjective listening test at
> high loads and the quality was good.
>
> We spent some time trying to think of a simple way to quantitatively
> measure voice quality during the test, but could not come up with a
practical
> solution that was easy and affordable.  We would appreciate any input
> on easy ways to collect voice quality data.

Jim,
	Take a look at using VQmanager (http://www.vqmanager.com) and
mirroring the switch ports that are handling your sessions. That will give
you totally objective (not subjective) stats on the calls using MOS scores,
R-factor numbers as well as Jitter, Latency and Packet Loss stats for each
call as well as cumulative.

They ofer a 30 day free trial of their software.