[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Performance Results

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Nov 16 14:49:38 CST 2007

Jim Dalton wrote:
> We recently performed an indepth performance test on Asterisk V1.4.11
> configured as a SIP B2BUA.
>
> Asterisk was running on a server with two Xeon 5140, dual core, 2.33 GHz
> CPUs and 4 GB of RAM.
>
> We found that an Asterisk B2BUA on this hardware can manage 1500
> simultaneous calls with no transcoding and 400 simultaneous calls with G.711
> to G.729 transcoding.
>
> A summary of the test is available at
> http://www.transnexus.com/White%20Papers/asterisk_V1-4-11_performance.htm
> The test details are available at
> http://www.transnexus.com/White%20Papers/Asterisk_Performance_as_a_SIP_B2BUA
> .pdf
>
> Jim Dalton
> www.transnexus.com

Jim,

Thank you for publishing this; it's most useful to the Asterisk
community. Did you make any measurements of voice quality (jitter,
packet loss, subjective listening tests by a human) at high loads? From
a brief read at your PDF document, I didn't see anything on this - my
apologies if I've missed it.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799