[asterisk-biz] Manners (was: Re: "Whats New at Digium the Asterisk Company")

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Nov 14 16:29:24 CST 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Bill Michaelson wrote:

> All of your analogies use descriptive terms (with the exception of ugly)
> that are metaphorically applicable to the quality of software in a
> meaningful way. But software does not have a sexual preference. The
> offending term was used because it was understood as a pejorative per
> se.
The circus have long left the building, but the clowns remain here - and
more coming out every minute. So this is addressed to them.

I've received supporting emails from a couple of well-known asterisk
developers who happen to be gay and didn't think I said anything
inappropriate. I received another email from someone who is also gay who
has taken offense at me claiming Fonality solution is gay, because it does
not have sense of style, or is better looking than other interfaces.

So, for the record, I apologise to the gay people for comparing them to
Fonality, it was uncalled for. Fonality should be better compared to jews
- they take all your money and they never give it back [1].

Oh this will be great. *watches the fireworks*

[1] (C) Sasha Baron Cohen.

-alex