[asterisk-biz] Manners (was: Re: "Whats New at Digium the Asterisk Company")

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Wed Nov 14 15:22:25 CST 2007

So if he had said the software was "dumb" he would be insulting people who
cannot talk.  If he had said the software was "fat and bloated" he would
be insulting overweight people.  If he had said the software was "slow" he
would have been insulting retarded people.  If he had said the software
was "ugly" he would have been insulting deformed people or people born
with birth defects or burn victims.

So really, you can't criticize software anymore unless you're a bigot I
guess.

According to you, he clearly hates gay people so much that he can barely
control his rage, so after making that comment about the software, he
probably went out and found a half dozen gay people and beat them
senseless, right?

I'm a fat person...  (although I must be a bigot because I didn't use the
politically correct term "overweight"), so I guess I should be offended
and fear for my safety every time someone says a piece of software is "fat
and bloated".  It's clearly a personal insult against me and I need to
call them out on their bigotry.

Time to search the archives and look for any time anyone on this list
called software "fat and bloated" and then make sure to come back and
label them a bigot.

-- Nick