[asterisk-biz] OT - Global capitalism

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 4 13:48:15 CST 2007

On 11/4/07, Jaswinder Singh <vicky.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well this kind of discussions are never ending . At present this might be
> the case , since USA being capitalist economy, most of the businesses will
> try to get more profit instead of thinking about various economical issues
> of local people . Even though they are outsourcing to eastern countries,
> still the eastern countries aren't gaining most of the profit . The main
> income of the process is still in hands of American businesses . However
> with time stability will definitely be there , people on eastern countries
> that gets the experience from jobs outsourced to them in time will demand
> more out of process and also an average joe in advanced countries will try
> his best to be in the game . Currently the economy's of third world
> countries are benefiting greatly from outsourced jobs so this is definitely
> beneficial to them in long term and lays foundation for home grown
> opportunities for them  . This is a slow process of shift of economic wealth
> from western countries to third world countries and both are presently
> profiting from this but in long term this will cost more to developed
> countries while developing countries has nothing to lose  .

I agree that in the long haul things will equalize to a point, however there
will always be imbalances, and fluctuations which will cause ups and downs.
America is the largest single economy in the world, and its value is I think
about 20% of the globe or something, however that is changing look at china
just a few years ago there were fewer than 18 billionaires there, now there
are over 200.  Yes there are over a billion people there, but that is still
a dramatic rise, and for every person that becomes a billionaire *generally*
the society they come from sees a few millionaires and many
hundred-thousandaires.

And just to make an obligatory tie in, as people get more disposable income,
as the living standards increase people generally take advantage of things
that in other places are taken for granted, such as telephone.  In brand new
areas sometimes opportunities arise that would let you take advantage of
that, build a brand and become the de facto standard for service.

Selling from the perspective of its easier to be richer if you just dont
spend money in the first place (ie hype the savings, although provide a
similarly reliable and quality product) can be useful.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200