[asterisk-biz] (((Commercial and Business Not So)))

bob murphy springsource at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:37:37 CST 2007

Okay meat and patatoes.  Finally.

It's definitely a challenge being successful in, what I believe to be, the
Early Adopter phase of a technological shift.  So we brand the entire
solution creating a perception that we are like the old closed systems that
users have become accustomed to.  Even though it's open and standards
based.  It's presenting the right story.  Again, we are learning much about
how to go to market.  And leveraging best practices from our old Cisco
Telephony days.  When we focused on Large Enterprise telephony integration
with Cisco and Avaya.  In larger account opportunities we open the kimono so
to speak.  Case studies (Sam Houston Uni, Pitt project all found in network
world mag), white papers (Frost & Sullivan Open Source Telephony
Systems) help the IT folks feel better about adopting something seemingly
new and un-tested in the enterprise.  Winning over the CFO is much easier as
the economics of the solution are compelling.  And partnerships work.  I
think it helps to adopt a classical VAR model and build an ecosystem of
complimentary products and services that help provide a total solution.
Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, Linksys, Cat 5 and 6 and fiber Cabling expertise and
desktop support.  All this will enable more control in your deal.

As far as commercial real estate agents are concerned, they know before
everyone when a new lease has been consummated.  When a business takes a new
space, more often than not, they need a new phone system.

Bob