[asterisk-biz] Switchvox Free Edition

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Fri Nov 2 11:14:24 CDT 2007

Alex Epshteyn wrote:

> Dave,
>

> I rarely get affected by any postings but I think that today you did
> hurt my feelings J – you may know that I happen to be the author of
> another GUI – Thirdlane PBX Manager. I was just wondering – what makes
> you say that Switchvox is “light years ahead of anything else”? Did you
> have some really bad experience with a particular GUI or just “anything
> else”?
>

> Absolutely nothing against Switchvox, I am just curious what makes you
> feel so strongly (negative about anything else)? And only one complaint
> you have about the software? I have many complaints about our own
> software after 3 years of constant improvement and so do our customers,
> plus there is a long list of feature requests.
>

> Have you tried Thirdlane, or PBXware (Senad, I hope you don’t mind me
> speaking on your behalf – I think highly of PBXware even though you are
> a competition)

Alex,

Well, first of all, thank you for your comment. I personally have not
used Thirdlane PBX manager, but have heard a good feedback from the market.

You are also very right that GUI is "work in progress" all the time.
My point is is one and only: GUI is collection of knowledge, skills and
experiences and lets not forget after sales service which are crucial to
successful deployments.

I have asked Dave, to "prove" his claim. So far, no answer was received.

Regards,

Senad