[asterisk-biz] Bounties.

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Thu Nov 1 11:46:04 CDT 2007

<explanation tone=pacifying>

	This is open source. And an open community. Bounties are not "work for
hire" fees, where the bounty offerer gets any exclusive rights to what
the bounty produces.

	The bounties are *cumulative*: when enough people add to the bounty
that they're subtantial *in total*, then more people will try to win
them by meeting the bounty acceptance criteria.

</explanation>

	I'd like to see a more organized system for offering, accumulating and
claiming (and paying) bounties. A database that automatically updates a
page, like a page on voip-info's wiki, that also points to a code
repository (like SourceForge), would be perfect. It would energize the
recriutment of bounties and production of code to claim them.

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 12:34 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> $50-$100 bounties?  Are you guys SERIOUS?
>
> True, some are simple patches and code changes, but...
>
> For a lot of the kind of features you're asking, there needs to be a
> minimum of at least a couple hundred dollars.  Most competent developers
> implementing some of the features you're asking for would make more than
> that sitting there scratching their butt.
>
> </gratuitous flame>
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems