[asterisk-biz] Vonage 877

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 22 11:04:35 MST 2007

On 5/22/07, Paul <ast2005 at 9ux.com> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the vonage company that is a CLEC in
> Maine was billing me for the Vonage service I get here in Maine with
> Maine DID's, wouldn't that change a lot of things? They would have to do
> the LNP and they would have to list the numbers for subscribers who want
> that.

if the company that you bought service from was a clec then yes it
would change some stuff.  I bet its more like broadvoice, the
ownership there is basically clec->shell company->broadvoice.  The
same 3 directors own the clec, the shell and broadvoice.

Vonage resells service from other companies, for example XO provided
DIDs for a lot of their service, so its likely that its not the same
company, and whom you deal with isnt certified as a clec/ixc.

My recommendation is to just not ask vonage to port the number, but
goto someone else and try, if it works great.  if it doesnt then go
back and ask vonage to let it go.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!