[asterisk-biz] Can I get "forwarded from" number?

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Wed May 16 15:19:00 MST 2007

If you're using a PRI, it is in the RDNIS value. (Redirected DNIS)

DNIS = the final destination
RDNIS = the original number dialed

I'm the one who originally asked Mark to add this feature to Asterisk
several years ago.  It's important for mass-market voicemail services.
For example...  customer orders Call Forwarding Busy/No Answer from the
ILEC on their POTS line...  every customer (in a particular area) points
the forwarding to the same phone number.  The customer's phone number, the
one that is forwarded, shows up as the RDNIS, so you can check that value
to know which outgoing message to play to the caller, and which voicemail
box to put the new messages into.

-- Nick