[asterisk-biz] Which is better SPA94x series or Polycom 430

Andreas van dem Helge joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:32:24 MST 2007

On 5/16/07, Mandeep Singh Bhabha <mandeep.bhabha at ponimanie.spb.ru> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>         I have a project for deploying asterisk in one small office. I need
> professional sugestion in selection for sip hardware phones.
>         which of the following hardware is better.
> Linksys SPA 941/942 or polycom 430 phone
>         or some other phones main criteria is cost, quality and functionality.

The only problem with the Linksys is that:

1) They will not officially give out the provision details.
2) There is no way to reject inbound calls. You must let it ring. No "ignore"

Otherwise there is no doubt that I would suggest the Linksys.

Polycom also refuse to give end users their firmware. Only the older versions.